SEO became more important than ever for local businesses in 2016, as the data points out. According to this study from GE Capital Retail Bank, 81% of shoppers would do research online before making a purchase decision. That means, 8 out of 10 people are more likely to find the local businesses online in search result BEFORE visiting the local stores.
Google My Business as Local SEO
This may be one of the questions that many people would like to know: how to improve the SEO in the local area?
Google My Business profile has become one of the most essential tools for local SEO. It is free and linked to Google search result. Also, it is not hard to use.
Here are some of the tips for optimize your SEO via Google My Business:
- Claim your listing on Google My Business
- Make sure your business details, such as address, phone number, business hours, etc, are up-to-date.
- Related to the previous point, check your opening hours and phone number, as these information are often changed over time.
- Make sure the business image is good (high res version, good representation to your business, etc)
- Make sure nobody edit your listing or even change the business’s website to something else!