Over the last few years, Snapchat has become of the most popular and controversial social media apps.
There are some interesting facts about Snapchat, and you should know about them.
In this article, I will show you 20 amazing facts about Snapchat. You will be surprised by the fact number 15 and 20.
20 Cool Things You Should Know About Snapchat
- In February 2017, the number of the daily active user is over 158 million.
- The number of active users in the North America is about 70 million, and the number of active users in Europe is about 50 million.
- On average, there are over 2 billion snaps every day.
- Only 18% of all US social media users use Snapchat, but around 30% of US Snapchat users are millennials.
- There are 9000 snaps per second shared on Snapchat.
- Over 10% of Snapchat users admit that they check Snapchat when they drive their vehicle.
- Snapchat has over 10 billion video views every day.
- 30% of users choose Snapchat because their parents do not use it.
- 45% of Snapchat users post Snapchat Stories at least once a week.
- Snapchat projected over $900 million ad revenue in 2017.
- Snapchat users spent between 25 to 30 minutes per day on the app, and they use the app about 18 times per day.
- Snapchat’s logo is named Ghostface Chillah because it is based on Ghostface Killah of the Wu-Tang Clan.
- There is a secret feature in the app, you can write in black and white.
- Similar to Pinterest, 70% of Snapchat users are women.
- There is a dating rumour about Snapchat co-found Evan Spiegel and Taylor Swift.
- Actually, Snapchat has a version for users under age 13. It is called SnapKidz.
- 2% of Snapchat users send sexts on the app.
- Nearly 60% of college students claim that they are more likely purchase a product from a brand that sent them a coupon on Snapchat.
- Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, really wanted Snapchat. He tried to acquire Snapchat for $1 billion in October, and he offered $3 billion after a month. However, Snapchat rejected both of his offers.
- Wall Street bankers used to love Snapchat. In 2013, a few college graduates picked up the app to other senior investment bankers. They used the app to communicate and share their party-filled weekends or even the industry secrets. They believed the app had a good privacy security system.
Infographic of Snapchat
Check out this full infographic from Hubspot:
Also published on Medium.